17 January 2022
Recognising the lack of targeted anti-slavery resources specifically for SMEs who make up the majority of business in the UK, Shiva Foundation and STOP THE TRAFFIK created a toolkit to support this market.
The free toolkit, which was created and rolled out between March 2020 and October 2021, includes a practical risk assessment tool, advice on how to mitigate risks for direct employees and agency workers, relevant reporting mechanisms, supply chain risk management advice and a wealth of additional free resources.
This evaluation report details the key takeaways and insights from the creation, promotion and reception of the toolkit. Here is a breakdown:
- The toolkit has been downloaded over 2,600 times
- 200 people have attended webinars
- A network of over 20,000 SMEs have been reached through 75 directly linked stakeholders
- 7 organisations have embedded the toolkit in their own business offerings
- The toolkit was deemed fit for purpose by webinar attendees
- The toolkit was useful for public sector organisations as well
- Accessibility of the toolkit was important and, as a result,shorter versions were made to accommodate this
- Despite trying to initially focus on business advisory services, there was an appetite from SMEs themselves, so the webinars shifted to build their capacity directly
- It is difficult to get direct feedback from the SMEs who have engaged because of the nature of the webinars (being online and slightly more one way than a workshop)
- COVID-19 set the timeline off, however both organisations stayed committed and the programme has remained a priority despite the challenges and staff turnover.
This “Eyes on Trafficking” story is reprinted from Shiva Foundation’s website.
ABOUT PBJ LEARNING
PBJ Learning is a leading provider of online human trafficking training, focusing on awareness and prevention education. Their interactive Human Trafficking Essentials online course is being used worldwide to educate professionals and individuals how to recognize human trafficking and how to respond to a potential victim. Their online human trafficking course is available for use on any web browser (even your mobile phone) at any time.
More stories like this can be found in your PBJ Learning Knowledge Vault.