Additionally, you can get your human trafficking online classes and training on any device with WiFi connection.
Register to take online classes that provide online education using our online learning platform.
Register with Facebook
Register with Email
Register with Google
Did you know predators are everywhere?
- Your child is playing video games with predators. They connect with them through gaming accounts and then collect information on their vulnerabilities to be used against them.
- Online social media accounts are filled with bots that automatically collect information to be used against anyone that has an account on the internet. Parents, this means they’re learning about your child through your social media, too.
- The elderly are particularly at risk due to lack of understanding of technology and their lack of awareness of how easily targeted they are.
- Trauma adds up. Early adverse childhood events (ACEs) are traumatic events that occur during childhood. The more ACEs someone has experienced, the more likely they could become a victim of human trafficking.
- Foster kids are at a high risk of trafficking due to factors such as instability, lack of consistent support, and vulnerabilities resulting from traumatic experiences. This often makes them easy targets for predators.
- Individuals from Native American and Black communities are being trafficked at higher rates compared to other groups. This unfortunate reality is influenced by historical injustices, economic disparities, and systemic inequalities.
What makes PBJ Learning’s online courses different?
Our founders, Billy Joe Cain and Dr. David Deeds, met while they were helping people understand complex human trafficking issues through raising empathy for victims. Together, they have blended traditional educational techniques and advances in interactive experiential learning, and have completely re-imagined human trafficking prevention education in online classes and in virtual reality.
They chose the name PBJ Learning to let people know their different skillsets, like peanut butter and jelly, have combined into something new, powerful, and easy to understand!
Learn from a wide variety of human trafficking prevention classes online
Tremendous stories and curated resources bring your new knowledge to life
People often fail to pay attention to their surroundings for various reasons, and the increasing prevalence of digital distractions is...
Importance of online safety in today's digital age. In today's digital age, online safety is of paramount importance due to...
Testimony from a victim of assault from an online predator… This is Amanda, and this is her story. Learn more...
Become an expert in human trafficking prevention
Human trafficking is “modern day slavery,” which is divided into Labor Trafficking and Sex Trafficking. It generally involves the use of force, fraud, or coercion to obtain some type of labor or commercial sex act. The exception is if you are under 18 years of age and trading sex for any value, that is automatically human trafficking.
Informative human trafficking training lessons explain how human trafficking generates billions of dollars of profit per year, and is second only to drug trafficking as the most profitable form of transnational crime, worldwide.
Your certificate is guaranteed to be accepted for Continuing Education Credit / Continuing Education Units. These are also called CE credit, CEU credit, CEC credit, PDU credit, etc.
Learn the staggering facts about labor trafficking
Labor trafficking affects millions worldwide. This explains how many of the objects we desire, clothes we wear, food we eat, or technology we use are products of slavery. However, many people do not know this is happening within the United States of America (as well as across the world).
You will learn the reality of how over 80% of (victims) in the United States are U.S. citizens, legally in the country. Above all, this is happening in plain sight, to people you would never expect. This can include domestic servitude, forced labor, and many other types of labor trafficking.
Uncover how vulnerable people can be exploited in plain sight
Most people have heard about sex trafficking through popular culture. However, they cannot recognize it happening right in front of them. And some people can not recognize when it is happening to themselves.
You’ll learn, from survivors of human trafficking, how trauma bonding can create invisible bonds that prevent victims from realizing they are being manipulated, and how their mental health has been affected by this terror.
Like labor trafficking, sex trafficking can happen to anyone, through the means of force, fraud, or coercion.
Unique, interactive online learning activities keep you engaged and challenged
A study from Carnegie Mellon University shows that students using interactive learning out-perform students only learning through instructional videos by a factor of six to one.
“The amount of learning associated with each interactive activity was six times greater than for each video watched or page read.” – “Learning is Not a Spectator Sport: Doing is Better than Watching for Learning from a MOOC“, Carnegie Mellon University
If you or someone you know is in immediate danger, please call 911.
Human trafficking is a situation in which an individual is compelled to work or engage in commercial sex through the use of force, fraud or coercion. If the individual is under the age of 18 and engaging in commercial sex, they are experiencing human trafficking, no matter if force, fraud, or coercion is also taking place.
If you believe you may have information about a trafficking situation:
- Call the National Human Trafficking Hotline toll-free hotline at 1-888-373-7888: Anti-Trafficking Hotline Advocates are available 24/7 to take reports of potential human trafficking.
- Text the National Human Trafficking Hotline at 233733. Message and data rates may apply.
- Chat the National Human Trafficking Hotline via www.humantraffickinghotline.org/chat
5 Common Misconceptions about Human Trafficking – Are You Guilty of Believing Them? See where you rank against everyone else that’s answered!
Human trafficking is a heinous crime that affects millions of people worldwide. But how much do you really know about it? Many of us may have misconceptions about what human trafficking actually entails, and these misunderstandings can be dangerous.
Take this quiz to find out if you have the facts straight and learn more about this important issue. Don’t be left in the dark – do you know more than most?